Out and about
There are many great things to do in and around Dahab.
Here are a few ideas:
- Horse riding
- Glass bottom boat trips
- Waterskiing / wake boarding
- SUP (Stand Up Paddleboarding)
- Ringo / inflatable fun
- Camel safari's,
- Rock climbing
- Yoga, spiritual, relaxation
- Quad biking safari's (check your holiday insurance covers this activity).
- Dinner in the Mountains and star gazing
- Dahab community market (Friday)
- Castle Zaman - amazing slow cooked food and chill out place.
- St Catherine’s Monastery - 4th century BC orthodox working Monastery. Home to the burning bush and Moses' Well.
- Moses Mountain to watch the sunrise
- Canyon / desert safari
- White canyon, mushroom rock.
The colourful shopping streets have a wide variety of goods for sale including carpets, cotton, perfume, pottery and jewellery.
Try going local smoking a shisha (hubbly bubbly flavoured tobacco) in a chill out cafe or bar, or relax in a seafront restaurant listening to the waves lapping on the shore.
Venture further a field and visit the spectacular Pyramids and Sphinx at Giza, the Egyptian museum and take a felucca down the Nile.
Tour the stunning temples and the Valley of the Kings in Luxor, or step back in time as you wander into the Rose City of Petra in Jordan.
There are also two aqua parks in Sharm El Sheik for family fun, and a new shopping area.